Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Eggs!!!

I wasn't really expecting much when I put JD Barbados and Reed together. The best thing I really was looking for was them to get along. Well, they certainly got along. They never fought, the groomed each other and JD sang constantly. Reed chirped pleasantly.

Today I got curious and reached my hand inside the cage. They've been really picking up at the nesting material I tossed in there for them and so I had to check it out. I unhooked the nest, peeked inside...and saw 2 eggs! 2 eggs! Oh my gosh! I couldn't believe it. I never expected them to lay this soon. I put the nest back on where it should be and they took to it like water. Right now both of them are in there for the night.

I'm so excited. I mean, I don't want to get too excited because I know it'll be their first clutch and I hear that first time parents tend to screw up a lot until they finally manage to raise a few chicks. I'm crossing my fingers that these eggs are fertile and that they'll at least hatch. If they decide to toss them...then I'll just give them to Mihah to care for. We'll see...but wow, I'm so excited! I know I already said that...but they're my first eggs!

I can't wait to see what happens next! I'll give Reed a few more days to see if she'll lay anymore before I try and candle them.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment