Saturday, February 26, 2011

You Wouldn't Believe It

My computer contracted a horrible virus and so I haven't been updating this too often. You wouldn't believe whats happened in the meantime though!

Valentine's Day rolled around...and guess what my husband got me?

A LOVEBIRD.

Omg, I was so excited. She's a little seagreen peachfaced lovebird and she was about 4 weeks old when he brought her home to me. I had to hand feed her for a while and to be honest, I still sneak her formula every now and again. She's just the best though. I've named her Caribou. I don't know why. It just seemed to fit and she seems very pleased with the name. Everytime I call "Caribou!" and hold out my hand, she flies over to me like she's surprised she even left my side.

Also on Valentine's Day, my husband brought me home two more finches. I recieved a florida fancy zebra hen and a pied society male. I was so happy because I've always wanted a florida fancy so maybe she'll produce some really nice colors, and the society male looks a lot like one of the societies I lost over Christmas. Her name was Gemini and I was devistated when I finally found her. I've named the florida fancy Florida (original, I know) and the society Timber.

I've also got an aviary as well! Its 7ft tall, 3ft wide and 2ft deep. I can fit all of my zebras, societies and gouldians in there with no trouble at all. My cutthroats are still being housed separate as I want them to breed and not hate while doing it. They can become aggressive when breeding. Unfortunately, they've tossed their 3rd clutch of eggs so I just can not wait until my zebras start laying so I can sneak some cutthroat eggs in there with them.

Anyways, theres a bird fair tomorrow! I was planning on getting a pair of javas (again) but um...I kinda wasted my money on a craigslist ad for a Netbook (bad idea) and the guy won't return my calls so I can get my money back for it. What a load of shit, right?

I might bring home a finch, but it probably won't be a java. Theres always next time!

Heres some pics of the new guys!


This is Caribou! Not sure if its a girl or a boy. I tend to refer to her as a she online but a he in real life.


This is Florida, my florida fancy hen


And my pied society male. He looks almost identical to Gemini (RIP) and sings wonderfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment